How to Choose the Most Energy Efficient Windows Installation in Edmonton
Did you know that energy efficient windows installation Edmonton can save you a great deal of money on your utility costs such as heating and cooling? Up to 30% of heat and air conditioning can be lost due to poorly installed, damaged or old windows. In order to remedy this situation, you should consider installing energy efficient windows in your home to provide proper insulation and greatly reduce energy costs. The following article will give you some advice on the various styles of windows installation Edmonton that will provide you with the best insulation and help lower your heating costs.
Styles of Windows Installation Edmonton Has to Offer
Different styles of windows do more than increase your curb appeal; they can also provide extra insulation by preventing from leaking in. Following are the most common types of windows available in Edmonton and the surrounding areas:
- Double-Sliding Windows: These windows slide open horizontally. However only one of the window panes will slide open as is the case with single-sliding windows. A disadvantage of this type is that they do allow for more air leakage.
- Double-Hung Windows: With this option, both sashes open and close vertically, while on the single hung model, only the lower sash slides up or down. As with double-sliding windows, this variation allows for more air leakage.
- Fixed Pane Windows: Fixed panes windows are those that do not open at all. This is a plus when it comes to insulation, but a major disadvantage to those who like fresh air and cool breezes.
- Casement Windows: These windows are hinged on the side so that when they close their sash creates a tight seal. Therefore, they have the one of the lowest rates of air leakage.
- Awning windows: Awning windows hinge at the top and open outward. They are similar to casement windows in that they form a tight seal and thus prevent air leakage.
As well, you can opt for double or triple paned windows. Of course, triple pained windows offer slightly more protection from the elements. It is up to you where you want to pay more for tripled paned windows.
Finally, you need to decide whether you want vinyl or aluminum windows. Vinyl has the advantage as it is in fact a poor heat conductor so it will keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. As well, it is extremely durable therefore it has a long lifespan. Aluminum windows are better at preventing noise pollution; however, they are not as efficient at conducting cold and heat, which means they are not as energy efficient. Ultimately, the choice is yours, but vinyl windows are indeed the most popular type of windows installation Edmonton.